Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Christmas tickers

Friday, August 12, 2011

A new Tattoo - by mummy

So, for a couple of years now I have wanted a new tattoo, something exciting, something fairly big. I had an idea of something down my side, but it was never priority enough for me to actually go and do it. Then I had Blake and started to think about getting a tattoo with 'Blake' in it, I wondered if I could combine the 2 together, but couldn't find or think of a way how.

With my birthday approaching, Graham had been thinking about what to get me, then he remembered my tattoo!!! So, a month before my birthday we jumped in the car and headed over to Wassy's Ink. I was nervous, though not for the pain (I've given birth for god sake - a tattoo is nothing!) I was nervous because I hadn't a clue what I was going to have, my ability to be spontaneous seemed to disappear the day I found out I was pregnant! The tattooist was above a hairdressers in a very simple room, simply decorated with photographs of the work he had done. We got talking and I was at ease straight away as he was very nice, at least I wasn't heading for a morning of silence with some weirdo!!

Then the drawing began, he used a template for the outline of the flowers and drew the vine on free hand, I was impressed but it wasn't what I was looking for, he was more than happy to play around with me saying yes or no, until eventually we found something I loved so I lay down on the couch, said bye to Graham and Blake and the tattooing began. As the tattooist was creating his art his ideas developed and he paused occasionally to suggest them. Time flew by! He was very gentle and light handed so I was barely in pain, and before I knew it he had finished!!
I am returning to him in a fortnight so he can check on the healing, make adjustments to the shading and add the white highlights I wanted in the Lilly's. I am very happy with it and the service and would recommend Wassy's Ink to every one! Please check him out on facebook...
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Wassys-Ink/129314117095065

No comments:

Post a Comment