Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Christmas tickers

Monday, August 29, 2011

Saying goodbye again!! - by mummy

The day before my 9th birthday, September 7th 1998 was the worst day of my life. My best friend, Lauren, was moving to Australia. Gutted. Her mum and dad I called my Auntie Nikkie and Uncle Glenn and I was closer to them than I was most of my real family. I cant remember much but mum reckons I cried for 3 weeks!!! I have seen them once every 3 or 4 years since and they have just left England after spending 3 weeks here. Unfortunately I didnt get to spend alot of time with them, they made a last minute decision to fly over when a family member had a motorbike accident so they have spent alot of time in and out of hospital. Let me be a little more specific, when i say 'they' I mean Nikkie and Glenn, Nikkie's sister, Cas and her Australian husband, Deano. Lauren stayed in Oz :-(

Anyways. Tuesday evening and Wednesday morning we met up for the final time again. Everytime they leave I have cried for ages but now I've grown up and time flies so bloody quickly that its never long until I see them again any ways, this time it didnt seem to bother me! Probably because I didnt really expect to see them, after their previous visit to England a couple of years ago I had gotten so ridiculously excited to see them then barely did I got so upset so I was a little reluctant to expect anything this time round! Which turned out nice cuz i was pleasantly suprised every time i did get to spend a little time with them!

On the Tuesday they had arranged for alot of their friends and family to have a meal at the pub!!!
Blake came down for an hour with Graham before they went home to bed.


Me and Kylie


Me with my mummy and daddy :-)
 On the Wednesday morning we met them for a wonder round town for the final time.


There has to be a sad goodbye photo!

It was a shame to see them go again but I'm glad the goodbyes have got easier over the years, I always know I'll see them again and 3 years isn't all that long any more. I do miss them though... :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment