Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Christmas tickers

Friday, September 23, 2011

The birthday party - by mummy.

With Blake's birthday falling midweek we decided to throw him a party the weekend before. Despite a very long day on Saturday I was up first thing tidying up and preparing food. He had 20 baby friends coming in the morning and all the family and friends afterwards. I thought I was slightly crazy doing it the same weekend as our charity night. As always my phone was going off with the usual very irritating last minute let downs, though they are much better than the ones who simply don't turn up. Despite this and the fact I was ill we had a fabulous day. The house didn't get too trashed, though I will never do it at home again. :-)

Blake with one of his girl friends, Lauren.


Blake emptying his toy box.


Blake's 1st birthday cake - Lightening McQueen!


Graham with the cake whilst we all sang 'happy birthday'







Blake with Lauren and Sophia


Once it had dried up, we went outside to play.














Back indoors, Blake was desperate to open his presents!



As a money saver I decided to make our own decorations, although I ended up spending a fortune on crafty stuff, nevertheless I am impressed with myself so decided to share with you my hard work!!



No comments:

Post a Comment