Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Christmas tickers

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Motherhood choices (13 months) - by mummy.

Blake was 13 months on Friday... which means this time a year ago he was only a month old... This is what he looked like.

Any ways I thought I'd update you on my choices as a mother.

I wanted to cut his bottle out altogether at 13 months, so tonight I prepared his milk and put it into one of his sippy beakers. He was happy with this however he does guzzle it way to quickly and pours alot of it down himself so tomorrow I shall buy another one as the teat on this one has took a battering!

How did the dummy removal go??? Fine. He last had it the day before his 1st birthday and hasn't had it since, we struggle a little with his back teeth now coming through but if i give him some ambesol, calpol and some very cold cucumber to chew on it seems to do the trick. I would definitely recommend 12 months as a good age to remove a dummy.

And the potty introduction??? Not so fine. As I only intended to introduce the potty I'm not too bothered, except he won't sit on it full stop. We have tried a few things such as putting toys on it and taking it turns to sit on it. So now I'm not so sure whether to take it away for a while and then re-introduce it or whether to get a different one... Still figuring that one out so stay tuned for more decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment