Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Christmas tickers

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

A weekend at Silverstone - by mummy.

This weekend just gone was my 2nd time working for STP, this time it was for a whole weekend. I was ever so anxious about leaving Blake for such a long time. Friday night I finished work early and went home for a shower, Blake was awake when I got out, Usually he'd be left to go back to sleep but I decided to go and cuddle him for about 20 minutes. I knew he would be fine spending the weekend alone with daddy, and probably wouldn't even notice I was gone. I just knew I'd miss him like crazy. Once I was all sorted I got into bed and couldn't sleep - so typically me! Midnight was the last time I checked the time... 4am my alarm went off. And I was up by 20 past.

Here I was again putting fake eyelashes on at stupid o clock. It's so hard when you're half asleep! Once I double and triple checked I had packed everything in my bags I left for the 90 minute drive to Silverstone. I was desperate to pull over and get some photos of the sun rising on the motorway. It was amazing, but I resisted and carried on driving. Once I arrived I had no idea where to go as we wasn't in the same place. I also managed to reverse the fiesta into a lamppost!! Clever me! Eventually found the others and we started setting up. It was cold but a beautiful sunny morning.

The event was The British Touring Car Championships, however the Saturday was only qualifiers so was fairly quiet. I managed to get over to watch some racing on my break :-D


On the Saturday night we went to a pub for dinner then back to the hotel, after following Tim and getting lost, I led us back. Milton Keynes Hotel. Don't stay there. Say no more.

I missed my boys alot, I found that I had missed Blake all day as I wanted him there at the show, but I seemed to miss Graham more on Saturday night, but Sunday came round very quickly, this time it was much busier, but it went quiet during the 3 main races.



On my break I got up to see the Championships, I have never followed BTCC, but I think I will do from now on, especially because Honda seemed to be winning! :-D


We started to run out of products and started packing up. To my delight we were finished my 5pm, which meant I would see Blake before bedtime! I practically ran to the car in my heels!!! The 90 minute drive took about 65-70 minutes and before I knew it I was back home and it hadn't even felt like I had been away!

No comments:

Post a Comment