Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Christmas tickers

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Wearing a bikini in public - by mummy

I have a new attitude. And hopefully I can stick to it. On Thursday we went to a splash park and I decided to brave the bikini. I have worn it a few times at the swimming baths but I tend to hide under my towel then sit in the water so no body can see any thing. You see alot of people have this perfect image of me, not sure why or where its come from but its far from correct as I'm actually covered in stretch marks, veins and cellulite and scars (especially my thighs and bum). However, the older I get and the more I actually look around I realise that its very common to have all of those things! Over the past months I have spent alot of time looking at old pictures of myself and wondering why I didn't love what I had. Then the more I looked, the more I realised I wasn't that far off it now any way, yes my stretch marks and cellulite both doubled during/after pregnancy but I'm learning to ignore them. My stomach is as good as its gonna be without it becoming an athletic one, and i haven't got the time to work on my abs so I'm trying to be fairly proud of it. I think alot of this confidence came with my tattoo. I want to show it off so its making me accept my stomach. I also have a friend who seems to have serious weight issues and shes made me realise how ridiculous I must have sounded when all I did was moan about how fat i was. I am currently about 9 stone 3/4 (59kg) and usually an 8/10 top 10/12 bottom half. I used to try and squeeze in my 8s and 10s then realised if i wore my 12s it made me look slimmer because i didn't get the tyre belly.

If I continue with this confident attitude myself I would love to help other young mums to find their confidence again so this new exploration and learning curve should be fun for me. I'm gonna be the next Gok Wan. pmsl!!

This photo makes my legs look amazing, the sun was fairly low by this point which is why it has given me the great tan. If you look inbetween my left leg you can just see a fe bumps of uneven skin (cellulite)

Too many women hate that when they sit down their ass and thighs spread... including me which is why i have slightly lifted my leg up to try and avoid that look, not sure it worked though, lol. But its only human so here is me trying to accept it lol... and i hate that bikini's make your boobs disappear.

No comments:

Post a Comment